Terence Scerri handed one year suspension by MFA

Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:00

Terence Scerri (left) and Christian Cassar tussling for the ball

Valletta’s striker Terence Scerri has been suspended for a year from all football activities. This was announced in a communication by the Malta Football Association, which also suspended Valletta’s Jamie Pace for three games.

Scerri was given a further five match ban from the FA Trophy competition once his suspension ends on the 24th May 2012. He was accused of hitting an opponent and for passing remarks to the referee on the way to the tunnel.

Earlier this week, Scerri was seperately arraigned in court on charges that he tried to seriously injure Floriana’s Christian Cassar, slightly injuring him and relapsing during last Sunday’s UBET FA Trophy final.





8 Comments

  1. CLINTON BELT BISS says:

    terence li ghamilt ghalina naprezzaw hafna ax kull supporter belti xtaq jinzel alih fil ground kif ogbu jaghmel dik il mossa li ALLA JBIEREK L EBDA STAZJON MA QABADA qiskhom ta rai.

    taqtax qalbek terence ahna is supporters BELTIN warajk

    kollha anti valletta ima hekk niehdu pjecir ax iktar taqduna

    [Reply]

  2. julie zammit says:

    All I can say that it is about time the MFA had some back bone, this player was playing infront of a massive crowd if he had got a slap on the wrist as is usual what message does it sent out to our younsters…. I have a son who has been playing football since he was five and each week you can go to the games and some of the language and comments shouted from the stands by parents makes you ashamed its disguting and more often than not the kids play very dirty unsportsmanship games but who are their role models …. OUR SENIOR PLAYERS ………

    [Reply]

  3. Jeff Logan says:

    Seems more than meets the eye to this one. What he did doesn’t deserve such harsh treatment, maybe rumours over the result being known in advance are more damaging.

    [Reply]

  4. paola says:

    Decizjoni tajba! ma ninsewx li dan kien ga gie sospiz 7 xhur meta kien mal-Hibs. Mela la ma tghallimx il-kastig irid jihrax. U kif ma tghallimx! allahares hadu f’rasu ghax kieku Alla biss jaf! Nisperaw li l-MFA izzomm mad-decizjoni taghha.

    [Reply]

  5. werzieq says:

    u l-yaya kemm ha jehel??? jew ha jehlisha wara li qala l-panik kollhu?

    [Reply]

  6. Micallef says:

    A 1 yr ban i think its too much…I’m not saying he did something good but when this things happened in Champions league example the biggest football in Europe,we never heard that a player gave him a 1 year ban..This things only in malta happens..

    [Reply]

  7. FIRE ENGINE says:

    Well done MFA. Keep it up. The Administration should remove him from any National team call ups in future if he still around.

    [Reply]

    FORZA VALLETTA CITY Reply:

    QED TIEHU PJACIR BID DENI HABIB FLOKK JIDDISPJACIK U TAWGURALU LI MA JKOMPLIX JILAB UKOLL ARA TMURX TITQARBEN IL KNISJA ISSA FIRE ENGINE KOMPLI INHARAQ BHAL EDEWWA KOLLHA FORZA VALLETTA CITY GHAL DEJJEM

    [Reply]

Leave a comment