Micallef’s Mosta move scrapped as Floriana reject €50,000 offer

Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 11:28
Manolito Micallef

Manolito Micallef

by Joshua Cacciattolo

Floriana yesterday turned down a €50,000 bid from Mosta for captain Manolito Micallef, a Mosta spokesman confirmed with sportinmalta.com.

The 28 year old has been the subject of intense speculation this summer linking him with a move away from the Vilhenna Club.

Such talk was fuelled further by the player himself after Micallef privately admitted he would like to leave Floriana for new pastures, preferably Mosta. The former Hamrun player missed yesterday’s Floriana training.

A Mosta spokesman, still believes that this is a tactical move by Floriana and eventually the Club may increase the offer.

Bulgarian midfielder Daniel Mitev yesterday evening returned to Malta to start training with Mosta Football Club.

The 28 year old, who was brought to Malta by Danilo Doncic and previously played for Sliema Wanderers, will be attending his first training session tonight at the Charles Abela Stadium.





3 Comments

  1. in-Nobbli says:

    Ara veru il-Mosta ghandhom xeba flus xjahlu!!! Lanqas jiswa kwart ta dik is-somma … U llajbierek il-furjana irrifjutawha!!!!!

    [Reply]

  2. ahdar says:

    we’re not in the Vilhena club anymore .. MEDIA BLA SUGU!

    [Reply]

  3. The God says:

    Well done to Floriana FC current committee for this decision. Mosta FC seem reluctant to overspend for high reputation local players to build a strong squad, therefore a better offer is needed to secure one of the best local defenders in maltese football.

    [Reply]

Leave a comment